Voted as one of the six “Most Wired” Advanced Healthcare Systems in America by Hospitals & Health Networks from 2013-2016, LRH has become a forerunner in the race to become one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the country. With that distinction, Lakeland Regional Health is always looking for new and quality IT employees that will work closely with clinical staff members to care for our patients. Our IT department has a range of opportunities, which includes areas such as: Network Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, and Business & Financial Systems. We are seeking qualified and enthusiastic workers to join our team.
Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Shift Time: 8am-5pm
Location: Suntrust, US:FL:Lakeland
Assesses, plans, implements, supports and evaluates information system needs for business operations according to policies, procedures, protocol and standards. As an internal consultant, is responsible for system assessment, process analysis, identification of system requirements, and functional definition of planned system changes. Responsible for identifying and implementing information system solutions that support more efficient and effective work performance based on inherent knowledge of business functions and processes. Experience supporting Infor/Lawson, API, Ascend or other similar business applications would be of benefit. Administers system applications, security access, and serves as an educator and resource regarding system functionality. Develops and manages project plans for the deployment of new and/or changes to information system applications. Maintain technical documentation to guide system users with ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the systems. Utilizes skills in Java Script, HTML, SQL or other coding within application toolsets to help support and provide business process improvements and reports.
Duties: Systems Analyst II
- Identifies opportunities for activities related to team development, employee engagement activities, and achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of systems/technology necessary to complete duties, which may include providing end user technical support of systems and product lines.
- Serves as an information system consultant within department and for direct customers. This includes gathering business requirements. With input from department experts is able to formulate solutions based on the requirements.
- Participates in the ongoing maintenance of system applications, required security profiles, tables, and databases.
- Proactively facilitates communication with areas of responsibility and within the department. Creates relationships built on trust and results with customers.
- Follows Information Services methodologies, processes, policies, and procedures. Including but not limited to change management, documentation, and issue resolution. Assists in training, and mentors others.
- Serves as project lead analyst, coordinating and implementing small IT solutions within department. This may include developing the project charter, tracking project status, communication planning and implementation of deliverables.
- Utilizes tools like Java Script, HTML, SQL query or other coding skills to understand and apply knowledge to existing application support.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the solution(s) they support through application build, testing, and configuration.
- Demonstrates the ability to make both business process and system recommendations based on business problems and organizational requirements.